Wednesday, September 22nd started out like any other day. Daddy and I got up, got ready, and headed to work. I don't remember if it was a particularly good or bad day because the afternoon's events kind of overshadowed the morning. I had an appointment at my regular doctor's office that morning and the PA prescribed me a medication. So when I got out of work I headed to Publix to pick it up. Once I picked up and paid for the prescription it dawned on me that I couldn't take the medication if I was pregnant. But, I wasn't pregnant so it didn't really matter. I decided I'd better double check to be safe (Daddy and I had been trying to conceive you for a few months now with no luck). I bought a pregnancy test and headed to the Publix bathroom. I was quite certain I would get back a single pink line, meaning not pregnant. You can imagine my surprise when I looked down after only a minute or so and saw TWO LINES!!! I did about three double takes, reread the directions, and came to the understanding that OH MY GOD...I'M PREGNANT!!! I walked out of Publix in a daze and a state of disbelief. Was this really happening? I was bursting to tell Daddy but on this particular day he was picking up your brother and sister from their mom's house (I'll explain that one later) so we could take them to the book fair. That meant I had to wait until they went back home before I could tell daddy. It was only 5:00 and it felt like a lifetime would pass before I could tell him. So I came up with a plan. I went to target in search of a baby gift I could give daddy as a way of telling him you were on the way. I couldn't find anything I liked so I bought the book, What to Expect When You're Expecting. I decided I would tell him I found a book we could really use and give it to him. I had a little more time to kill before I could go meet daddy, McKayla, and Seth, so I headed home and took a second pregnancy test (I had to be sure).
It turned out that the book fair had been the night before so we missed it. Daddy and I decided to head to the bookstore instead and buy a couple of books. By this point I had been holding this secret for over an hour and I was about to burst. As your brother and sister were looking at some books I walked daddy over to the pregnancy section of the store. As we walked I explained that I had bought a book that day that I thought would help us and I wanted to show him which one I bought. When we got to the book I pointed it out and your Daddy said, "Oh, Cool." I stood there waiting for another reaction and when I didn't get one I said, "I bought it because I'm pregnant!" "What?! Really?!" from there he hugged me and picked me up and said, "I'm going to kill you! I can't believe you told me this in the bookstore. I can't scream and jump up and down." What can I say, I couldn't hold it any longer.
After daddy left to take your sister and brother back to their mom's house, I started making phone calls. I called your Nana first. I think she was most excited. I couldn't see her but I could tell she was jumping up and down on the other end. After talking to Nana I told Grandad and Mima too. Then I called your Grandpa and Donna who were also very excited. After that came your Uncle Ryan and Aunt Christa. A few more family members followed after that, great grandparents, aunts, and uncles...you get the idea. In the mean time Daddy called Mimi and Papa. After making our phone calls Daddy took us (you and me) to Outback to celebrate (that's where Daddy and I first met).
When we got home Daddy talked to you and kissed my belly several times. We discussed whether we think you're a boy or girl and how we can't wait to meet you. Luckily, Nana reminded us to take pictures of my belly (4 weeks pregnant).
So there you are, in my belly. At this point you're the size of a poppy seed, I weigh 118lbs (4lbs. less than my normal weight) and my belly is 29 and a half inches around. We have our first doctor's appointment on October 5th
I can't wait to meet you!
Love Always and Forever,
Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment