Thursday, November 3, 2011

Officially In Love!!!

Dear Baby,

So many exciting things have happened in the last few weeks.  On October 5th we had our first visit at North Florida Women's Care.  The visit itself wasn't too exciting because it was just an orientation so they just took my weight (122 lbs. and back to my normal weight) and another pregnancy test to ensure that I was in fact pregnant.  They also gave us a boat load of information and scheduled our first visit with our obstetrician, Dr. Dixon.  I was very excited for this next visit but we had to wait until October 25th.

In the mean time, the weeks kept flying by.  So at 8 weeks daddy took some more pictures of my belly. Not sure if it looks any different but I measured and it hasn't grown a bit.  Not that I was expecting it too but I love monitoring each and every change as it takes place.  If you can't tell, I'm a little excited by this whole experience. 




Anyways, October 25th finally came and it was one of the best days of my life and one that I will never forget.  Daddy and I went to Dr. Dixon and he did our first ultrasound.  I had no idea how amazing it would be to actually see you and hear your heartbeat.  It was the best sound I've ever heard and I immediately fell in love with you.  Don't get me wrong, I already loved being pregnant, but in that moment I felt truly connected to you and that you were mine. I just laid there staring at the screen grinning and laughing watching you wave your arms and legs and listening to your fast little heart.  Dr. Dixon assured us that everything looks great and confirmed your due date of May 31st. He sent us off with 4 pictures of you and another appointment for November 21st. 





With all the excitement of our appointment we decided we couldn't hold it in any longer and told your brother and sister.  We all went out to dinner and we told them that a fifth person would be joining us.  They kept begging us to tell them who but we wouldn't budge.  We video taped them as they figured out that I am pregnant with you.  I absolutely love this video.


After this video Seth came around the table and sat down next to me.  He also insisted that I lift up my shirt to show him my belly.  He didn't understand why there was no visible mark of you yet.  They both asked tons of questions like, "Does the baby like bread?", "Does the baby like salad?", "Is that why you didn't feel good yesterday?", "When will the baby be here?", etc.  My favorite thing is that now they both often kiss you (my belly) goodnight or goodbye when they leave for school in the morning.  I think you've got 2 more huge fans.

I must take a minute here and brag on your daddy.  You see, daddy has always been a wonderful husband but lately, he has really gone above and beyond.  He has let me pick every meal we've had together no matter how many times I've changed my mind, he's run out late at night to get me some meal I was craving or medicine to soothe my nauseous tummy, he even left work the other day to bring me breakfast when I had a craving for a bagel with cream cheese.  Then, the other day he did something really sweet.  He surprised me with roses and a new pandora charm to represent our new family member, you!  We are both very lucky to have him.



Well, I guess that's all for now.  I'll update you again after our next doctor's visit. 

I can't wait to meet you!

Love always and forever,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment