That's right, we are halfway there! Well, more than halfway there since this post is a few days late. Last Thursday, January 12th we hit the 20 week mark. Yay!!!
Here are some things that mark the first 20 weeks. Mommy has craved things like peanut butter, fried eggs with toast, sandwiches of any kind, salads, apple pie, cheese burgers, milk, cereal, and french fries. Luckily, none of that has been too weird and I haven't eaten any weird combinations of those things. I have been feeling pretty good and the nausea left before the first trimester. Unfortunately, it was followed by about three weeks worth of everyday headaches which made mommy a pretty cranky lady. After that stopped the back aches, constant peeing, and poor sleep patterns started and they don't seem to be going away any time soon. But to tell you the truth, I really don't mind too much since I know in less than 20 weeks (I hope) you'll be here! My appetite seems to come and go. Some weeks I have the normal appetite I had before I was pregnant and other weeks I can't seem to stop eating. Sometimes I wake up at three or four in the morning starving and I have to get up and get a snack.
Physically I continue to change but the changes are pretty small (or seem to be to me). My belly is now 33 1/4 inches around which is about 4 inches bigger than when we started. Most people tell me I don't look pregnant until I wear a tight fitting or maternity shirt. Some of my pants still fit me and I can button them while others require a hair tie through my belt loop and around my button to give me an extra inch or two or the use of a Bella band which also gives me a few extra inches in my pants. Maternity pants don't fit me yet but I do have a few maternity shirts I wear to make sure my belly and possibly unbuttoned pants don't show.
And last but not least, here are the pictures of me at 20 weeks...
You are rapidly growing in there and your big brother loves to remind me that my belly is getting fatter. I constantly remind him to please use the word bigger and not fatter. :-) It's okay though because he has also grown quite fond of you and lets me know all the things he's going to do with you and makes sure to give my belly lots of hugs and kisses. I'm very happy to see that your brother and sister are so excited to meet you.
I can't wait to meet you!
Love always and forever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment