Monday, February 13, 2012

24 Weeks

Baby Huck,

Last week we had another doctors appointment and as usual, you and I are doing great!  Mommy has now gained a total of 20 lbs. (YIKES!!!), and my belly now measures 34 inches around.  Next week I have to head to get a glucose screening to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes and March 7th we have our next appointment.  After that we will start going to the doctor every 2 weeks. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. 

As far as everything else goes...
I can still fit in a couple pairs of non-maternity pants with a bella band and a few of my regular tops will still reach over my belly.  My food cravings haven't really changed but I have started to experience some heartburn and my back hurts pretty much all day.  With the help of about 4 pillows I've finally figured out how to get some sleep but it's still not much.  On the up side, you move around like crazy!!! Daddy has felt you several times and even Seth finally got to feel you move (for real this time). Sometimes if I watch my belly closely I can see it moving.  I had the remote on my belly the other night and you made it move several times.  That was pretty cool!

Your nursery is really coming along.  Your furniture came in and it looks great!  We also put up your curtain rod and some shelves.  Daddy and I spent lots of time this weekend buying supplies and planning for your room.  Sometimes I sit in there and just imagine it all done with you in it.  I can't wait! I promise I'll post some pictures when it's all done but I want to keep it a secret for now. 

In some other news, your Aunt Meghan and Aunt Sam (with some help from Nana) have been very busy planning a baby shower for us.  I can't wait to celebrate you and our expanding family!  We even got our first registry gift the other day from your Mima (My mom's mom). I can't tell you how exciting it is to see the pile of stuff for you grow and grow.

Last but not least, here's the most recent belly picture (24 weeks)...


I can't wait to meet you!

Love always and forever,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment