On Saturday your Aunt Sam and Aunt Meghan threw us an amazing baby shower. We were joined and showered by many friends and family members and I think everyone had a great time. We got spoiled with tons of baby clothes, baby gear, and baby supplies. You are one loved little guy.
The guests included:
Aunt Sam and Aunt Meghan (they were the hosts with some help from Nana)
Nana
Mimi
McKayla
Ms. Garrett
Ms. Lisa (with Aidan and Ayla)
Nani (great grandmother)
Great Aunt Becky
Daddy's cousin Michele
Ms. Katherine
Daddy's cousin in-law (not sure that's how you'd say that) Julie
My cousin Meagan
Aunt Christa
Your cousin Gracelyn
Ms. Suzie (Sam's mom)
Isabella
Grandma Donna
Aunt Elaine
Mama M (Your great grandmother)
I'll let the pictures tell the story of our baby shower.
Decorations
More Decorations
Some More
and More
About to Cut the Cake
Opening Presents
Getting Some Help
Mimi, Big Sister, and Mommy
Mommy and Nana
Aunt Meghan, Mommy, and Aunt Sam
McKayla and Mommy
Mommy Joins the Party
Bella Loves Mommy's Big Belly
At the shower we played two games. The first was trying to guess how big around mommy's belly was and the second was trying to make a list of baby items from A-Z. My favorite activity was filling out cards with wishes for the baby. Each guest filled out a card and I've really enjoyed reading what everyone had to say.
Here's the card...
(click on the picture for a larger image)
Here's a list of my favorite responses from each card.
Dear Baby,
I hope you learn...
the true meaning of success and happiness (Aunt Christa).
outside the box (Great Aunt Becky).
I hope you aren't afraid...
of a challenge (Nani).
of love (Aunt Meghan and Uncle Jeremy).
to take chances (Grandma Donna).
to ask for help (Ms. Katherine and Julie).
to get dirty (Garrett).
to put yourself out there (Cousin Meagan).
I hope you love...
strong (Aunt Sam).
to read as much as mommy (Garrett).
with all your heart (Nana).
I hope you get...
super powers (Cousin Michele).
smothered in love (Aunt Christa).
I hope you laugh...
at your parents (Aunt Meghan and Uncle Jeremy).
at daddy's funny voices (McKayla).
at your mistakes and grow from them (Aunt Christa).
I hope you never forget...
how to treat a lady (Ms. Katherine).
where you came from (Great Aunt Becky).
I hope you ignore...
peer pressure (Ms. Katherine).
meanies (Ms. Garrett).
bullies (Aunt Meghan and Uncle Jeremy).
rules (Great Aunt Becky).
I hope you become...
someone who others look up to (Grandma Donna).
a gentleman (Ms. Garrett).
just like your daddy (Mimi).
I hope you respect...
your mom (Aunt Sam and Cousin Michele).
your parents (Ms. Katherine).
yourself (Ms. Garrett and Aunt Christa)
I hope you grow...
big and strong like your dad (Mama M).
Daddy and I filled them out too. I must say it was pretty hard to fill one out. I want so many things for you it was hard to narrow it down to this list. Here are what mine and daddy's cards say.
Daddy's...
I hope you learn...how to fish to eat.
I hope you aren't afraid...to make a friend.
I hope you love...baseball (the Sox).
I hope you get...my humor.
I hope you laugh...like your mom.
I hope you never foget...your home.
I hope you ignore...liars and ignorance.
I hope you beome...everything you want.
I hope you respect...other people.
I hope you grow...up strong and honest.
Mommy's...
I hope you learn...to always get back up.
I hope you aren't afraid...of trying new things no matter how scary they seem.
I hope you love...unconditionally.
I hope you get...everything you need and almost everything you want.
I hope you laugh...at yourself.
I hope you never forget...that I love you no matter what.
I hope you ignore...those who say you can't.
I hope you become...everything you want to be.
I hope you respect...yourself and your elders.
I hope you grow...into a strong, independent, and hard working gentleman.
After the shower I spent hours going through all the gifts, washing your clothes and blankets, and organizing all your stuff. There's very little left that we'll need to take care of you. I must say, it was a bit difficult to find a place for it all. I think we may need a bigger house. Now I'm going to get back to finishing all those thank you cards for our friends and family.
We can't wait to meet you!
Love always and forever,
Mommy and Daddy












No comments:
Post a Comment