Dear Baby Huck,
This post is a bit over due. March 27th we had a doctor's appointment. Nothing too exciting but we were both checked out and we're doing great. Your mommy has reached a whopping 150lbs (YIKES!). I must admit, I'm not too crazy about this but the doctor's assure me that the weight gain is healthy and normal. Our next appointment is on the 17th. I was hoping they would be doing an ultrasound next time but they won't be. They will however be checking for effacement and dilation which will give us more insight into how we're progressing. Hopefully at the appointment after that we'll get to see you again and find out just how big you are.
I'm still feeling pretty good and my energy is actually up from the second trimester. My backaches have let up some but breathing is difficult from time to time (especially with my asthma) and my feet hurt pretty much anytime I'm on them. For the past several weeks I have been craving milk, broccoli with swiss cheese, peanut butter, milk, bananas, strawberries, milk, sandwhiches, waffles, ice cream sandwhiches and more milk. All in all, not too bad as far as pregnancy cravings go. You have also been really active recently. You move all the time and I must say, you're getting pretty strong. Sometimes these movements actually hurt mommy but only for a second. Since you're getting so strong, my belly now shows many of your movements and everyone that has seen this loves watching you. You really seem to like to perform for daddy. If you're moving and daddy starts talking to you, you go into overdrive and really start putting on a show. All I have to say to that is this, you can be a daddy's boy now, but you better be a momma's boy when you arrive :-)
This weekend is our baby shower. Friends and family are going to come and celebrate you and the growth of our family. I'm so excited to see everyone and all the goodies we'll get to help daddy and I take care of you. We've already got a few gifts and it's so exciting every time because it means we're that much closer to meeting you. It's getting pretty hard to contain our excitement around here.
Your nursery is pretty much done and after lots of hard work from daddy and me, I must say it looks pretty great. I'm going to do a special post for the big reveal but I'll wait until after the shower so that those that come can get the first peek at it. You're gonna love it!
Last but not least, the 32 week picture. I keep forgetting to do my usual outfit and pose for our pictures so I've decided that I'll just use one of the pictures your Aunt Christa took to show my growing belly. Since I was 31 weeks and 2 or 3 days when she took them, I feel like that's fair. Besides, they look much better than the usual pics.
Aunt Christa took tons of pictures that day. Some of just me, some of me and daddy, some of all of us, and some of your big brother and big sister. We've gotten some of these back but I promise to post again once we have them all. I can't wait to see them.
That's all for now but I'll be updating on the shower, your room, and our pics soon.
We can't wait to meet you!
Love always and forever,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:
Post a Comment