Thursday, May 31, 2012

Due Date

Dear Huck,

Today is Mommy's due date and you have yet to arrive.  Not only have you not arrived, but mommy's body has made no progress in the past 3-4 weeks that would suggest labor is on the way.  You can't imagine how frustrating that is. 

Before we get to today's doctors appointment, let me go over the most recent numbers.  I have reached a total of 156 lbs. (Ahhhh!) which means I have gained a total of 34 lbs. My belly is now 40 inches around and I started at 29.5 inches.  Crazy right?  Here is my most recent belly picture compared to the first belly picture...

 8 weeks
40 weeks


Today we had our final routine doctors visit.  After getting my weight, blood pressure, belly measurement, listening to your heartbeat, and checking my cervix; daddy and I talked to the doctor about our options.  Basically we had the option of waiting longer and going back to the doctor every 2-3 days to check on you, or scheduling a day to induce labor.  Daddy and I decided that it would be best to induce because we really aren't willing to hold out for more than another week due to the fact that after another week there's a higher risk of complications.  So after reviewing the call schedule for the doctors (Dr. Dixon isn't available for two weeks) and finding out when there are openings, we have been scheduled to go to the hospital on Saturday night at 8:00 for them to start the Cervidil (to dilate my cervix) and Sunday morning they'll start the Pitocin (to start contractions). 

So, if everything goes according to plan, you should make your arrival sometime on Sunday :-)

Now we really can't wait to meet you!

Love Always and Forever,

Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment