Monday, September 3, 2012

Your First Day of School

Dear Huck,

Yes, you read that correctly, it says your first day of school.  I say school and not daycare because even though you are only a few months old, ECPDC is a place where you will be well taken care of and that you will learn and experience so many things.  ECPDC is one of the programs that Leon County Schools offers and a place where mommy knows most of the people that work there.  I have even worked there during the summer time before.  They have children there from birth-5 years of age.  In my opinion, it is one of the best programs in Tallahassee and I could not be happier with our experience there so far. 

You have been going there for two weeks now and I'm proud to say that I am no longer a basket case each morning when I leave for work.  The first week, was just plain torture.  Mommy cried at least once a day for those first five days.  I didn't cry because I was worried that you weren't safe, or happy, or well taken care of; I cried because I missed you and I feared missing out on some of your "firsts".  While I still worry about missing out on one of your "firsts" and I still miss you, I'm starting to get more comfortable with the idea.  During your second week of school I think I only cried once. 

Daddy drops you off most mornings and Mimi fills in once a week when Daddy has his early morning meetings.  Thank goodness because if it were up to Mommy, you'd never make it to school.

Ready for your first day of school!

Mommy has the wonderful pleasure of picking you up almost every day.  I get off work at 3:30 and I'm dying to leave everyday.  As soon as I'm done with work I pack up my stuff and go to get you.  I'm usually there at 3:45 or so. 

Going home after the first day.

I am so grateful to your teachers who take such good care of you all day.  You are always happy when you're dropped off and happy when I pick you up.   I'm sure that you cry some of the time you are there but seeing that you are happy to be dropped off makes my heart so happy.  In the morning, your teachers are Ms. Carren and Ms. Martha.  When Mommy picks you up in the afternoon you are with Ms. Mirta and Ms. Elka and sometimes Ms. Judy.  You seem to love all of these ladies and they love you too. 

Here's to us and surviving your first two weeks of school with only a few emotional scars :)

Love always and forever,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment